Last weeks fiasco with the kids (Joanne decided she did not want to go to the "Beffe" so feigned illness, Owen was ill and wifey was busy doing month end closing) meant I did not run too much. This weekend, I thought I would compensate with a 18k race:
Of course, these plans where scuppered with the wife inviting friends for
lunch on Sunday! And our house is never tidy enough for one person to clear up the toys of the floor and cook and look after the kids all in a morning, so I had to drop down to the 12k race to give me 45 minutes of cleaning up before the invitees arrived.
It was pissing down with rain, the trail was muddy and it was a wee bit cold. I was loving it. Unfortunately the winner loved it allot more than me, he ran it it a remarkable 17.77kmh while I could only manage a poxy 13.86kmh (There was a reasonable 140m of elevation gain too)
At the start I was happy to have dropped down to the 12k. It was a bit miserable, but by the end, I would have enjoyed another 6km. Especially as I was having a bit of a battle with Mr Red Shirt, we must have swapped places 6 or 7 times, he continued on for the 18k.
| Place | Prénom | Temps | Vitesse | Temps / km |
| 1 | Winner | 00:40:31 | 17,77 | 00:03:23 |
| 40 | Me | 00:51:58 | 13,86 | 00:04:20 |

No comments:
Post a Comment