Sunday, May 2, 2010

Bad day

Rain yesterday, so I was wandering if I should bother with my long run. In this case the Satho'Verte 15km "course nature" I had a vague idea where it was and was not animated to get there in the rain.

However, I forced myself out of bed, dealt with the kids and got over there. And what fun it was. The first 10km was as "normal" pretty hard run lots of vertical and mostly off road. But then came the last 5km. Wow. fantastic fun. The track was very much a footpath that traversed the woods. This path was wet, slippery, steep and get it wrong you could end up in the bottom of a ditch or worse in a river.

A couple of runners I passed had been in ditches and one unfortunate with a pair of decathlon specials on his feet, simply could not get up the slope. I think there was 3 water crossings, one of witch I needed my hands to get up the other side.

Lots of ropes for both the up and down. I was not at the front, but close enough that I had some "room" to line myself up for the down's. Take a look at the slope without somebody pushing or getting impatient.

I was laughing all through the last 5km.... Even when some guy overtook in the last kilometer - It was paved at this point, and he had gotten fed up with being behind me (I could hear him getting up momentum to pass) What was funny 50 meters afterwards I heard a loud "Ah.... Putain" and he stopped tired from the exertion of overtaking and the hill that came with it... I gave him some encouragement as I got closer.

The atmosphere was fantastic after the race. People recounting various "bad bits" most where happy about the course and the weather - it was not cold after all (15 degrees or there abouts) Pity I could not stay for the post run meal, had to get to the in-laws for a birthday meal.

Elevation Gain was 562m From Garmin Training Center, 200m From the web page or 350m from the publicity.

Time: 01:18:30
Avg Speed:11.6 km/h
Max Speed:19.1 km/h

No comments:

Post a Comment