Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Result from the La 12 du Beaujolais

The official time was 50:03 and I came in 32nd (12 V1)  The first male was just under 10 minutes in advance of me (V1) which is allot, the first female just under 2 minutes behind.

I enjoyed it quite allot, I love running on the trails between the vines. Something you simply cannot do in the UK. My time gave me a 13.4kmh speed, which is great, normally over the same type of terrain I just make 12kmh.

I noticed although I was strong on the hills and gained ground, I lost more on the easier flat(er) sections. I think think this is a simple matter of percentages. i.e. you are moving faster on easier sections, if you are 10% slower, you will lose more time than if you are 10% slower on the hilly sections.




Le parcours de la 12 km 11.3km est vallonné (210 m de dénivelé) sur petites routes et chemins (50% environ) à travers le vignoble du Beaujolais. Il ravira aussi bien les compétiteurs avertis de part ses difficultés sélectives, que les coureurs occasionnels qui apprécieront des paysages et points de vue exceptionnels. Le circuit traverse à mi course le nouveau « Golf  du Château de La Salle » où les coureurs pourront apprécier un rare moment de convivialité, pour ceux qui souhaitent s’y attarder quelques minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment