Thursday, July 15, 2010

Windy and hot

I found yesterdays small run supper hard. It was hot > 32 degrees and very windy.

I was running my short course to strengthen the leg which was feeling a bit fragile still. This goes through woodland, open fields and some market gardens. And although hard, I had some sensations that where unusual that kept my mind busy.

At the start I realized it was going to be windy when my cap blew off. Soon afterwards in the woods there was a huge cracking sound. I looked in the direction of the noise and there was a huge branch falling off a tree. From then on I made sure I was listening to sounds around me, not wanting half a tree to fall on my head.

During the second to last hill climb, there was a sudden gust that must have gone through a plastic greenhouse as I had such a sense of strawberries assaulting my nose, I could have sworn I had eaten some.

Finally, while running between two fields of wheat, the noise of  ears of wheat rubbing together was deafening (OK, so that is an exaggeration  but very load all the same)

No comments:

Post a Comment