Having agreed to do the KMV I now have to decide how to "run"it.
The main issue being of course it is a fast walk (slog) up 1km vertical over 2km horizontal (or is that 2km in total?)
It certainly seems like I should use hiking poles, distribute some of the climb to my arms and upper body from my legs. My uncertainty lies in the fact that I have never used poles before.
As in all things unknown, "Google is my friend." It seems like the de facto page on sticks is Pete's Pole Pages he spells out clearly that without proper use, there is not much point using the things. (often ineffective due to poor technique). Slack Packer also had some things to say too.
There are not too many really steep hills near my house I can get some practice on so I am now in a quandary.
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment