Oh what fun this morning. Another 10cm of snow fell overnight (20 in total). It was Cecile's first day of work so she was panicking (And she would eventually take the old car as it has snow tires not the new one)
She phoned in and said it was impossible to make it in, but then I said, "Hold on, why don't I have a look at the roads outside the lottisment" So off I trotted for yet another sneaky run and lo and behold, the main artery routes where clear AND nobody was on them as it was difficult to get to them.
The scenic with brand new snow tires would not have a problem... As I was running back a snide comment by one of the neighbours made me do a double take. She was shoveling snow and said that it was just as good an exercise and why wasn't I shoveling and that not running. I politely said that it was up to me.
Oh dear, I was making sure that Cecile could get out of the lottismet when the same neighbour (who was still moving snow) said that we could not pass until we gave a hand. I got out the car and may have said OK had it not been her husband started pushing me about.... I lost my temper, at which the guy backed off (although big, he was not up for more than a shove thankfully, no doubt I would have been eating snow had it come to more) while the woman refused to move. In fact planted herself on the bonnet of the car. After lots more posturing and shouting and truly un-neighbourly behavior we got the car through - Ah well we are moving soon who needs neighbours who spend 3 hours moving snow and polishing a road. More to the point, who wants neighbours who will not let you pass?
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment