Sunday, January 23, 2011

Running fast

It is a beautiful sunny day today (cold -6) and I should have been running in the hills opposite the house in the la Foulee des Monts Dór. I took part in the race last year, 25km mostly small roads and tracks. However, instead I was running fast and often to the toilette!

Last weeks Sunday race I enjoyed and felt I had turned around my minor health issues. So Tuesday I did my normal medicinal run. Thinking that Thursday and Friday I could put in a couple of decent kilometers followed by a decent race Sunday.

Wednesday night well, 2AM Thursday morning, Owen vomited, lovely. The second convulsion he managed to do in the bath unfortunately the first was all over the floor. To make a short story shorter, the gastroenteritis jumped into me and I was feeling super bad (After making a second visit to the house in B-e-B we may make an offer)

The whole thing is abating now, but I think it triggered a bout of diverticulitis. Incredibly, I can't even remember the last time I had gastroenteritis (over 5 years ago), so this was particularly unlucky it comes only a couple of weeks after getting over a flair up of the devit.  Must run .....

No comments:

Post a Comment