I also managed to time the trip so I could slip in a race organized in the village - using the excuse that it would be an ideal time to meet people and to get to know the area. But it was hot and wifey was not best pleased. I opted for the 5km (not 10) to keep things on an even keel in the marital stakes. Probably a prudent move too in terms of fitness.
As normal I went out too quick, stupidly keeping up with the chasing group. Until that is they dropped me after the shortest of 1.5km's Then I trotted around pretty much at my own pace until close to the end where Owen and Joanne where waiting to run with me through the finish line. I think they said I came in 21st, probably putting me in top 10 vets.... but then again, there may have only been 15 veterans in the race?
No comments:
Post a Comment