Thursday, August 4, 2011

Being in the country

I went out for a run last night after a bottle of fizz (Local, Cezeriat - I think I will try and source some more. It was gifted to me by the man in charge of the municipal tip. Not sure why, probably felt sorry for me). Anyhow, on the run it struck me just how few footpaths I have identified near the house.

I rounded a bend to be greeted by a field full of cows the thought came back to me, in Dardilly I probably ran in the region of 80% trails. Here so far in the country and not suburbia it is looking more the other way round.

On a related note, my speed has improved along with my cadence. (Averaging 93spm this week even with my boozy run included) It is also true that I do not have the stamina at the moment. I seem to be hitting 5km OK, but more than that I am puffing and blowing. I might get to do a long run on vacation!

Boozy Run

No comments:

Post a Comment