Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Spikes

One of Cecile's colleagues emailed with the details of this race, 2éme cross d'Ambérieu en Bugey (11/11/11)  and invited me to attend. I was very scared when I arrived, this was a proper athletics thing and incidentally free to enter.

There where maybe 50 people (certainly no more, and may have been less) all had spikes on except for about 3 people. All had singlets on with club motifs except for 2 etc. etc.

At the gun, I went off and thought I would go slow, but of course I got fed up quick (after about 10 paces) of the slow people. Ping the watch told me that the first KM was done in 3:50 at that point I thought "shit no way". So I slowed down a  tad and that slowing continued to the end. I came in somewhere between 10th and 15th. The course was hummocky lots of bobbly grass (hate that) and some cinder.


Distance: 9.22 km
Time: 39:20
Avg Pace: 4:16 min/km

Split
Time
Distance
Avg Pace
Summary 39:20.1 9.22 4:15.8
1 3:50.0 1.00 3:50.0
2 4:06.2 1.00 4:06.2
3 4:08.2 1.00 4:08.2
4 4:15.7 1.00 4:15.7
5 4:18.3 1.00 4:18.3
6 4:27.9 1.00 4:27.9
7 4:23.9 1.00 4:23.9
8 4:28.0 1.00 4:28.0
9 4:25.6 1.00 4:25.6
10 :55.9 0.22 4:09.4




No comments:

Post a Comment