I am in Munich and it is cold. Real Brass Monkey weather, they are
expecting -10 tomorrow. Luckily enough I brought with me my lightest
shell gortex I have to go to work in. Given the expected temperature
drop, I decided I would go and find me a hat!
Oh I forgot to mention there is about 50cm of snow on the ground and as
I was coming to the city I brought my road shoes to run in during the
evening. Talk about being well prepared. As I was buying my hat I
spotted that the shop had a neat line in running shoes to I splashed out
and bought a pair of Ice Bugs (Anima). I had seen these in Norway when I
was there about two years ago and was too timid to try them on.
(http://www.icebug.se/Product.aspx?m=684)
I slipped slid my way back to the hotel, and donned my running stuff
along with new hat and new shoes. Roads that had been treacherous even
to walk in became fun. The shoes are great. (A bit noisy) It makes going
out in the ice and snow fantastic fun. Not sure what they would be like
on your wooden bridges Lee but they work fine on tarmac but are lethal
on polished stone hotel stairs. - The hotel staff found it amusing (in
their German none amused faces) that I was choosing to go outside to
run. Clip Clop.
Friday, March 22, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment