This week has been a complete washout, as was the one before. The kids
have been ill with flu and that meant I was unable to do just about
anything (And it now seems like Owen's teacher has the same and is off -
so he will not be in school tomorrow!)
I had been eyeing up a 21km trail run on the Mont D'Or and decided as I
had not been out all week would give it a bash and see what happens. It
is quite well known round these parts and they where expecting 1000
people for both the 10 and 21km races. Anyway, Friday night I went
online to sign up and woe, they had closed the online subscription. No
big deal I thought, will just sign up on the day. ..... Crap, in big
letters, there is a no sign on the day of the race. I would need to
drive over on Saturday to enrol.
The more I thought about it the less I liked the idea. Driving 2 hours
to pay and then another 2 hours the day after to run... You gotta be
kidding me. So this is where the first question comes from.
What would you have done?
This is what I did. I decided I would bandit run the thing. 2 hours
extra drive was just not worth it to get listed as a entrant. I could
just eat the food on the way round, nobody would notice I was not
wearing a number.
Sunday morning, 7AM arrived and my good wife who had been coughing and
spluttering for a few days had developed full blown flu.
What would you have done?
I was the gent with the bald spot and stayed here and looked after the
kids (sigh)
Ok, I did get out for 45 minutes and discovered (slowly) some new
trods/beast tracks.... I saw a sign at one point. A red triangle put
there by hunters telling me to be careful as they where hunting in the
area. Humm I thought.
What would you have done?
I continued on. At one point a couple of hunters in camouflage kit and
big guns (and bright orange bibs) told me that there was hunting nearby
and I should be careful. Then I thought "How the bloody hell can I be
careful THEY have to be careful" I mean, what more could I do I was
sporting a florescent yellow rain/wind top and grunting like a bastard
300m vertical in 7km is reasonably tough on slipy shit.
So tell me what would you have done?
Friday, March 22, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment