Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Franchevill'Trail 2010

This weekend was the Franchevill'Trail



Nice weather nice course BUT really badly ran. Fun learning?

Have you noticed, there are lots of people telling you what to do when running, but not so many describing complete desasters.
  • Do NOT go for a run the day before and get dehydrated (I lost 2kg on a 10k in 30 degrees)
  • Do NOT turn up just in time with family and be disqualified from entering the kids run because you are late (Note, we took part in it anyway see a following post - quite fun)
  • Do NOT leave the house not ready for running, otherwise you may end up running (kids race) in a pair of sandals (England top was by design, both me and Joanne had one)

  • Do NOT forget the water/food/spare clothing for kids and family (Left at home). They will suffer in the heat too.
  • Do NOT give up your water bottle to the family while you do a 17km run without water in heat.
  • Do NOT run 17km after eating only sushi for dinner. You need the carbs.
This is what happens when you do all of the above wrong. You die at 13km. I walked for quite some time feeling both hungry and thirsty. After having 4 pints of water, I still measured 78kg. A loss of 2kg on the day, and 3.5kg in 2 days.


I still came in somewhat respectable (140 from 450 entrants, but not really Stella - like normal) In fact I could have continued running where I had stopped but the brain saying no and injury likely, I thought it better to conserve body parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment