I am not sure the best approach to tapering. Should it be just a reduction of kilometers or stop running. Either way I am now into a taper for the Cross.
To start then, Friday the neighbor invited me for a short bike ride. Turned out to be 42km with 1000m climb built in. He is a far better cyclist than I am so whipped me soundly (especially on the steep parts) but I was very happy with the ride in that I recovered quick. A mixture of weight loss and fitness helped in that I hope.
The next day was "Step Aerobics" for the whole day - We painted the main room (well 2/3 of it) Cecile in the morning was complaining about sore buttocks from climbing on and off the steps. That evening we compensated for the exercise with Frogs legs and Bresse Chicken in a restaurant in the Domb. The bottle of wine slipped down very nicely.
And as it was a birthday weekend, Sunday we had Champagne aperitif followed by Roast Beef at the inlaws. Clearly this was because the English where doing sooooo much better than the French in the world cup!
Is that the right way to start a tapering? Ha ha, will see, enjoyable all the same (well maybe not the painting)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment