![]() |
| The views on the drive back |
I have traveled 100 times past the sign post for "Haut Bugey" on the road from Lyon to Geneva but had no idea it was so extensive or so big a landscape. Well worth coming back to and see more of the area.
The organizers had done a truly great job putting 4 events together. They all seemed to go well.
However, my intestines are still not 100% working, when I arrived I needed a dump. Unfortunately the 3 toilette blocks I went to had beautiful Turkish squats with NO toilette paper. On returning to the car I could not find any substitute other than the Google maps I had printed to find the place. No wander I did not get lost on the way round, I probably had a Google stamped all over my poor bottom!
The course itself was ''Up and Downy'' undulating with periods of lumpy grass (Don't like running on that, always scared for my knee) 90% on trails through trees and stony paths.
Ascent according to Gramin Training Center was 570m. The last hill got me and I had a wee walk.
I managed a pretty good time (for me) 1:15 for 16k and came in a creditable 7th in Vets Class (Not sure how many people, or what overall position (about 20th))

No comments:
Post a Comment