Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Beaujolais Marathon

I have to decide this week if I am going to enter the Beaujolais Marathon. Last year I was beaten comprehensively by it. Like last year I am short of long runs.... I find it so hard to get these in mostly from a timekeeping point of view, balancing kids, wife and job. [And then getting cold feet in cold weather]

I looked at my times from last year leading up to the marathon and woe is me. My times last year over 8-10k where quicker. However, I am in substantially better health and I feel stronger. Ahhhhhh..... it would be so much easier if somebody else was forcing my hand.... Suppose I had better do it, barring ill health on the day. The slower times are probably down to doing more and not just age. (I am convincing myself here)

That means getting out and doing 30k this weekend (no matter what) I did my longest run last year at exactly the same weekend - 28km round the lake des Settons.

No comments:

Post a Comment