Sunday, October 10, 2010

Ouch Tomorrow?

By Thursday of last week, I still had stiff legs, but I know there will be no way of doing the Beaujolais Marathon unless I get some miles in. So off to the 9 Clochers I did trot. A very undulating course in absolutely stunning countryside (about 30% trail). Just inside Beaujolais, about 15 minutes from the house.

By doing the race I was forced to do the miles, in this case nearly 24km. While on the run, I quickly realized the only way to survive was to slow up a bit and let myself go on the down hills otherwise the quads would get trashed pretty fast.

So I did exactly that and enjoyed looking around a bit. But the results where much better than I had hoped. It took 1:50 (129th from nearly 600) (52 V1 from 243). I even managed a wrong turn until a kind sole shouted  at me to turn around.

I had chance to say hello to Owens teacher who was standing at the side of the road encouraging the runners. 

The start village is a beautiful 16th Century fortified town. The route took us to other similar towns and next to fields of  vines.


No comments:

Post a Comment