It was as hard as I expected, but just to be fair to Karl, I decided to have a fever while running and my knee gave me some gyp after about 20 kilometers. I did however manage much better than last year, in that I was able to continue running almost all the way round. Walking only the final hill. (It really is not such a big hill, 30m in 500m or there abouts) But that hill does come up at 38km just at (my and others) low point.
The family was there to cheer me on, Joanne and Owen came through the tape with me, where both where awarded a medal - Not me!
I was pleasantly surprised this morning to see that although my speed dropped of dramatically after about 25km, the cadence only dropped a little. As you can see from the snapshot below, I walked trough the feeding stations and had a pee at 23km, the last spike/dip is the walk up the last hill. But the most pleasant surprise this morning was the leg stiffness. I nearly did not have any - maybe it will arrive with avengance tomorrow. I did ice my knee and take a paracetamol (for the fever) maybe this helped.
(Karl's time is last years)
| Overall 290 259 | Name KARL COLIN | Number 840 1378 | Time 03:44:02 03:42:09 | Cat SE V1 | Pos(cat) 115 97 | M M |
No comments:
Post a Comment