Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Porky is as porky does.

I went out Sunday for a quick loosen up, and by gum did I need it after my slobbing around in Tromso. At the start I wobbled the gut down the trail until I had shed enough water that I felt a bit better.

I have the Beaujolais Marathon this coming Saturday so I ran the trail with the road shoes I will be wearing for the race. Wow, what a mistake those shoes are. Nasty white and heavy (well actually brown now and not so heavy really, they just feel that way when you lift them up.) [The guy in the shop insisted a size up to avoid black toes in the Marathon].... They have no style, and they just feel wrong. I am still thinking of switching to the trail shoe for Saturday.

Yesterday I gave the shoes another go. This time on roads. The first time in ages I have run roads for a long time. It was quite difficult to maintain interest. However I managed my poltry 6km in the crap shoes.

I am sitting in J's violin lesson, it is coming to an end so no time for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment