Saturday, November 13, 2010

Training

When I arrived in Paris yesterday, I had no idea I was going to get a run in so soon. The plane had arrived on time, I had managed to collect my bags and get to the TGV station all in good time for the train.

After locating a toilette for my full bladder and deciding munching on something on the train would satisfy my hunger, I phoned home. No dice, Joanne had not put the phone down correctly. OK, used my time to contact work, and call a few people.

I was slightly distracted by a Skype message I recieved as I was getting on the TGV. Found my seat and went to the buffet car... Yummy yummy. When I got back to the seat some minutes later I found my computer (bag) missing. Oh shit! Holy cow. Somebody nicked it? ...... Oh no, It dawned on me, I had left it on the platform at Paris CDG (re:distracting Skype Message).... Crap.

Crap Crap Crap. I jumped of the train at Marne-La-Vallee, sprinted over the platform to the retuning train, which luckily had been delayed and returned back to  CDG. 20 Minutes later, I could be seen running the 400m to the other platform flapping around looking for my computer. Nope not there. 1 weeks work lost, plus of course the computer and contents. Flap Flap Flap.... Crap Crap Crap.

I had taken the smart step of telling the conductor on the first train my predicament. He had called the situation in and thankfully the nice SNCF staff had collected the bag and it was retuned to me  at the information desk. Phew.

And that was my sooner than expected Train-ing

Of course that left me stranded in Paris as there where no more trains. But no great drama for that, plenty of hotels in Paris and the trains are not so busy this time of year on a Saturday morning. (Although my luck did run out getting the RER, that train broke down)

No comments:

Post a Comment