Sunday, March 13, 2011
Trail des Cabornis
My time of 1:14 was 8 minutes down from last years time for the Trail des Cabornis. But I think this represents an improvement! An unofficial 32nd overall while last year was 36th overall - May keep in the top 10 V1, will see when the results come out.
The conditions where so different that the time is incomparable. Plus the course changes every year to add a bit of spice to life. This year there was about 550m in elevation gain and 11.4km distance (according to Mr Garmin). The biggest change though was the weather - It had been raining most of the night and it was still raining when we started the run.
The trail was so wet that in some places I needed to walk uphill (and down) because I could not run for slipping down. I was not the only one, most people where walking the same places, and if they did not, I caught them back up a few minutes later.
Then there was the hard down hill.... I was wandering why at 6 degrees so many people had gloves on. I soon found out when slopping downhill trying to keep hold of a piece of rope. Blisters where only just averted. Although I do have a couple of cuts on my hand where the grit must have been scrapped across.
You can see the walking parts clearly on the cadence chart below. Lots of fun with lots of mud left on my legs afterwards. Thankfully no injury to me (I stopped to help one guy who twisted is ankle just in front of me near the end - not too bad he came in about 5 minutes later) I was very careful though. Some of the younger chaps with more bravery came in with allot more mud on their bodies where they had fallen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment