It has been 3 or 4 weeks since my weekend in hospital, time to test myself on the trail des Carbornis. Having spent last week in Germany (1 run of less than 5km in cold and dark) and this week with kids, 2 days in Morzene 1 run of 8km and 1 walk up a steep hill I doubt I will do very well tomorrow. Getting round in a half decent time is the goal for this one.
This is the hill Gareth and myself walked (well I snowshoed and Gareth skinned up)
Gareth tells me that the energy of skinning and snowshoeing is about the same. However, the day after we did this, Lee skied up, and his time was about the same as mine. Admittedly, it was my first time at doing anything like that so the whole thing was a bit unexpected and maybe I could have gone faster, but Lee is 15kg heaver and I should imagine quite a bit less fit than me (although walking up hills is not a strong point of mine see KMV)
We had fun seeing friends this week and having them help me look after the kids. Playing the single parent is not fun on your own but can be amusing with a little help. I hope I can get another weekend skiing in with the kids this year - written it off for myself.
Saturday, March 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment