Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Triathlon Training

Gareth lets me know yesterday that the Monster (informal short triathlon) will be run this Saturday so I will cast my mind back to training I have done for it.

Last week we where in the Perigord, Sarlat. A fantastic place to stay especially if you have a pool and a 200 year old farm house to live in. On top of that, the second run (6ish km) I found this castle at the turn around point.

Chateaux du Montfort
So I did a few runs in the heat. But did not use anything of the pool for training myself. However, Joanne had decided she wanted to be able to swim and so it was here that we removed the arm bands and she learned to swim. Well lets just say she needs practice, but it is there.

You could I suppose contend that I was eating for energy. Lots of fois gras and fatty duck done in a mired of ways. Yummy but it won't help the weight (Actually I am back up to 80kg this morning)

The week before the Perigord I managed a few runs around the Lac des Settons, but mostly I jogged next to Joanne who had decided the week before she wanted to ride a bike - Without Stabilizers.

Yet again, it was a decision by Joanne. I ran next to her for 2km holding the seat and she then rode for 1km on her own. Piece of cake. Since then, I have pretty much encouraged her out every day. Initially just jogging next to her and now even riding.

Does that count as training for the Monster?  I have been in water and on a bike (These are pretty much the only times this year I have done either of these activities)

No comments:

Post a Comment