Monday, September 26, 2011
Trail des 3 Monts
I have done the Course Des 3 Monts about 3 times in the past and was happy to be fit enough to attempt it this year too. But when I decided I would try it, I had not realized it had changed its name (course->trail) and increased the distance 13km -> 21km and just to make things difficult, change the form of the course to about 70% trail (from about 30%)
J needed a new violin and had a birthday party to go to (Kurt, her ex) so we stayed at the inlaws the night before. It is not great preparation sleeping at the inlaws, lack of sleep and a bit of brioche for breakfast. I tried making up for the breakfast with a few compotes and some terrible gels from Decathlon.
I had a great race, the longest run I have done this year, the ups where tough but runnable (I did not run them all, but they could be ran) and the downs where mostly fast. I swapped places with the second girl about 5 times until I ran out of energy at about 16km. Afterwards she or her mate mentioned that the course was a bit to easy for her, she would have liked a bit more technical. For me, it was at the limit of my technical ability in places, I was slowing down on some of the downs. - Although on some of the others I was cruising nicely.
I started losing real places from about 17km and the last 2km I must have lost 10 places and that was down hill (easy).... Definatly went out too quick even though I thought I was keeping it slow.
60th from 200
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment