Sunday, June 10, 2012

My Nipples are hurting

The nipples have had a bashing for the second time this week. I have identified when I get joggers nipple now, it is simply when I sweat allot and the shirt becomes drenched. This causes more friction on the love buds. Today they where bleeding and not just a wee bit tender. The secondary reason for the bloody nips today was I forgot to put the anti frotting cream on prior to the race.

Today's course, a 15km run with the profile below in the middle of Beaujolais. Really nice running through the forests and vineyards all on trails.


My first chicking was on the way up. Funnily enough she passed me as I was breaking into a walk. I was able to keep up with her until she started to walk. Bloody hell, I need to do some work on my hiking skills. Still, she never got too far away and just at the top I "manned" her (Well is there a male version of being chicked?) On the way down I was chicked for a second time on a steep downhill. Normally that would be it, once overtaken on the down there is no coming back, but today I surprised myself, the slope eased off a bit and I tried a bit harder leading to another "manning". It never stopped there, I continued to overtake people all the way to the finish.

A strong finish is pretty unusual for me, so all in all quite pleased. I managed to beat all the girls and get a respectable position (I think - although the official results are not in yet)

No comments:

Post a Comment