It climbed 300m in the first 5km. Some time about the 3rd km, there was a feeding station. I hung around there for a while getting some coke, at which point I lost Philippe never to be seen again until the end.
Friday, March 22, 2013
Montée des Jonquilles
Last weekend I was intending on doing the Montée des Jonquilles on Sunday - it is where our ex-cleaner Martine lives. It was only while finishing lunch at about 13:00 on the Saturday did I look up the time I needed to be there. 14:00 Saturday..... Crap, there was nothing else going on so I got changed and headed out. I arrived and was signed up with 5 minutes to spare. Just long enough to say hello to one of the wife's colleagues, Philippe before the off.
It climbed 300m in the first 5km. Some time about the 3rd km, there was a feeding station. I hung around there for a while getting some coke, at which point I lost Philippe never to be seen again until the end.
As I was so late signing in, there where no safety pins left. I stuffed the number into my key pocket. It worked, but every 5 km I was asked to stop and produce my number, so I lost some time there. I would have been happy with my position had it not been that I was soundly whipped by Philippe (8ish minutes). Otherwise a great day. (22km with 730m elevation gain)
It climbed 300m in the first 5km. Some time about the 3rd km, there was a feeding station. I hung around there for a while getting some coke, at which point I lost Philippe never to be seen again until the end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment