I tried using a rucksack with hydration system today. The first time I have tried one of these bags when running. The bag itself was pretty dam good. It sat well and did not move very much (Ultimate Direction - Wasp, review here)
I needed something to carry a waterproof top, telephone and gels as I was doing a 30k and the weather was not good and more importantly I wasn't sure I could finish. Hence the telephone.
Drinking from a bag sucks though. It was exactly as I had imagined. With a water bottle, you can squirt it into your mouth and so reduce precious seconds of no air flow to the lungs. Slowing down to a walk works well or on an easy down hill. In future, the bag will be used on the longer runs when I need to carry stuff. But just for water, better with a bottle.
Sunday, October 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment