I really like my Garmin, (405) as I have an amazing ability to forget how far, when and why I have been on any given journey. I assume other people use their Garmin for the same reason. So why is it that I was told it was carnival day for Owen 3 weeks ago, but it was only him who did not have a costume on Tuesday last? Surley other people have my forgetfulness gene.
And I have noticed a certain reliance on the statistics from Mr Garmin, so much so, when I ran on Thursday, I was mortified to see I had forgotten to "unpause" the watch after giving a cyclist some bad advice on the route I had just ran. I have therefore about 2/3 km missing from that run. Actually, I felt a bit sorry for the cyclist. He asked me how steep the path was I had just ran and how far he needed to be on it before hitting the road above.
Well, out of breath English man with bad French giving advice .... What can I say, on reflection while running the lost 3/4km I think I said it was not too bad with only 100m of walking with bike. What I forgot to mention was I was running on the minor trail, the major left turn is quite different.
Friday, I was so out of sorts I forgot to bring Mr Garnin along with me. About 1/2km I remembered it. I had a choice of running naked or going back and getting dressed. I chose to continue commando style. It was quite liberating. I could stop and have a pee without feeling guilty, go slow without anybody looking over my shoulder and even stop and enjoy the view. I can see myself not inviting Mr Garmin on a couple more runs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Made me smile. I often realise I am not fully wired at the start of a run and have to go back and pick up watch, chest strap or GPS etc.....or swap battery or some such.
ReplyDeleteA run that isn't recorded is almost a waste of time!
I actually went for a run on friday...first in quite a few weeks..in fact I think I only went twice in my last hitch and similar the hitch before...but I'll restart now...I think.
Anyhow the run was quite interesting physiologically as I ran upto Parc Merlet ...my hill run here...normally I do 2mins/1min run/walk.....and it takes about 33mins for the 4-500m climb (over I'm guessing about 3km) ....but I was actually feeling really strong and only took 3x 1min walking rests...very surprising.....dog was completely shagged....and my legs while sore now are not desparate.....rest obviously does do you a lot of good at times.......I mean I have not been out doing any exercise except piste skiing.....which is what 2minutes tops for each run.
Karl