Tomorrow I enter the hospital for a colon resection (laparoscopic). The actual operation is the day after entering hospital. Hopefully they will not need to open me up fully, that takes more time to mend and what I really am scared about is what the French call a False Anus, that is needed when the resection does not join properly and you need to have a colostomy bag for a week or 3, or even a month or more.
I seem to remember John Wayne had a colostomy bag attached to the inside of a long coat for quite some time (before popping his clogs) He was allot older than me at the time of the operation and The Queen Mum had a colostomy for 30+ years before she died. Maybe I should be less worried?
I am at the moment very apprehensive. It is a 3 hour operation into the gut. If I was feeling in pain I would be much less worried, I would probably welcome the intervention, but right now I am feeling on top form. - Could easily go out and run 20 miles. So why oh why am I having somebody cut me up!
On top of all that, we should be signing for the sale of our house on Friday, obviously I cannot be at the Notary's, so will be waking up after the operation hopefully in good shape and with a sold house (Cecile will not be coming to the hospital while the sale is being signed of course)
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment