I stumbled upon the La Ronde des Grangeons by accident on Friday and thought I would give it a shot as it was only 30 minutes from the house. I was surprised at the size of the event when I turned up there where 3 events taking place, a walk, the race I did and a 44km race (won by the winner of the Marathon du Mont Blanc)
There was a great atmosphere and the organizers seemed to pull it all off without a hitch. There was a live band playing at the start/finish.
The run was hard,the Garmin says 661m in 16km, the down hills where lovely, but I did struggle on the ups in places. I need to work on the climbing a bit. There where people around me groaning about the downs but with my new found ability for the downhill all was fine for me and I did not blow out my legs at all.
At the end I was unable to find my result in the posted times. I found another guy with a surname the same as my first name and assumed they had confused the result - Unfortunately when I when back to the board after notifying the organizers, I found my name just a bit lower down. Hopefully they don't correct based on my complaint!
Sunday, September 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment