Last weeks half marathon wiped me out for a few days and work pressure / kids on holiday kept me from getting out much - Not that I was too unhappy about it, the weather is still cold. But I did manage a couple of trips up Mt July.
Today I added a loop off the side to extend the run to 7km. This allowed me to try out the new pants. Solomon Evo (Helps in movement, recovery and endurance according to the Web Site). There was sufficient cold (6 degrees) and wind to allow me to wear my new "cagoule" from Brooks and enough off road to wear my new Brooks Cascadia 7. In fact the only bit of Decathlon stuff I was wearing where my socks. I had a very old Brooks T shirt on.
I stopped a few times to put on or take off the wind jacket. It is small enough to stuff in its own pocket easily and then run with in hand. And the breaks - or maybe the shorts meant I never got over tired and I found the run very pleasant. On the portion of the GR 51 North of Mt July the wild Box Hedge was so high and dense it was like being in a very slipy technical maze. There was even some ice on the already slick limestone.
But I did find some new paths to take and there where occasional peeks of sunshine.
I need to take some photographs.
Sunday, February 26, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment