A couple of years ago I had an idea to win a competition in Germany (for
work). I hooked in Lee and remarkably we won. On my run yesterday, I
thought OK It would be fun to re-enter the same but come up with another
idea. At that point I had a flash:
How about a watch that could do all the things that my Garmin 910 does
now, BUT add in a SIM chip so that the GPS could be uploaded in realtime
and then you could race against your mates in far off parts of the
world. Nothing that clever or smart the differential being that it would
use the new European SatNav system so it would be accurate.
At the same time you could get a rudimentary phone for emergencies.
I know your objection, your telephone already does that. But your
telephone is primarily a Phone while I wanted something that was
primarily a watch.
Bugger, somebody has already done it:
http://www.amazon.fr/SPORTIVE-montre-t%C3%A9l%C3%A9phone-pour-sportif/dp/B00B4ADJN0/ref=sr_1_14?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1366358486&sr=1-14
I am not going to buy it, but I think this is the next generation of
"Smart Watches". I like running naked (without technology) now and then,
this is absolutely going the other way. You would never ever get away
from work.
Graham, now that you are of the GPS grid, how is it going for you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment