Thursday, September 19, 2013

Shit happens when you run


A couple of weeks ago I decided I needed a nice chilled out flat run. So I did a short 7km near the house in the woods. At about 5.5km my calf suddenly tightened up and was a little painful. Like Graham I buried my head in the sand and pushed on:

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/289834362

As any good runner knows, you should listen to your body. As a bad runner, I have been completely ignoring the slight pain.

I have done a few runs since, some pretty hard (for me) but it never got any worse. Anyways, today I tested the calf and it had not gone away, but not worse. So I went out for a short hill run. After coming back, tested the calf and as of right now there is absolutely no problem (WTF) I expected at some point something worse then a few weeks off.

Sorry Graham/Karl, probably not what you wanted to hear.

(I still have a slight groin pain/strain from cycling a few weeks ago, I am ignoring that too... It seems to be going while I have not been on a bike since)

No comments:

Post a Comment